These recipes are tried and true, our favorites. There is not a single recipe on this blog that we haven't tasted for ourselves and love! Feel free to leave comments and suggestions. Tell us what you like, tell us what you don't like.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Low-Fat Oatmeal Muffins

1 cup oats (I use quick oats)
1 cup skim milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup applesauce
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt


Soak oats in milk for 1 hour (I only soak them until I've added the rest of the ingredients to the bowl).  Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Mix well.  Pour into a greased muffin pan.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Variations:
You can add many things to these muffins.  Some of the things I've added are:
Craisins (my favorite)
Raisins
Granny Smith apple (peeled, cored and cubed into bite size pieces)

No comments:

Post a Comment