These recipes are tried and true, our favorites. There is not a single recipe on this blog that we haven't tasted for ourselves and love! Feel free to leave comments and suggestions. Tell us what you like, tell us what you don't like.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Salsa Verde

This is the salsa Rachel makes and taught me how to make.  This recipe is really to taste, so use this as a guide.  Also, when picking out tomatillos make sure you pick out the lighter colored ones.  These measurements are how I like the salsa, but make to your own taste.

10-12 Tomatillos
4 Jalapenos
1/2 bunch Cilantro
4 tbsp Salt
4 cloves Garlic (I used the jarred minced garlic, so it's about 1 tbsp)
1-2 cups Water from boiled tomatillos and jalapenos

De-husk and rinse tomatillos until the stickiness comes off.  Cut the stems off the jalapenos.  Boil tomatillos and jalapenos (my rule of thumb is I boil them until they are the color I want the salsa to be).  Put all ingredients in blender, including water.  Blend well until it looks like a salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment